Whether existing or new buildings, a functioning earth-termination system is the prerequisite for protecting people from dangerous high voltages and for the safe operation of electric systems in buildings.
An earth-termination system forms the basis for the proper function of the:
- electric systems (power supply)
- electronic systems (information and data technology)
- functional equipotential bonding
- lightning protection system
- surge protection
- electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- antenna earthing.